Sending letters and emails of support to my favorite Warriors is just a simple way for me to feel like I am doing something positive. Yet, when I get to the end of the letter…. I always debate on just how to end it. Although, I am a loving Mom, I don’t want to make someone uncomfortable by signing;
“Love, or Miss you,” as some of those to whom I write, I have not met in person.
So, I usually opt out for:
Be careful… OK, I am going to be perfectly honest. That sentiment seems silly (although heart felt) Almost like telling an alligator wrestler to watch out for the tail. (DUH!)
….and, Have a nice day, (again meant with sincerity) seems out of place. … So, I was reading a list of salutations and came across some gems to be used appropriately… Whatever that means?
*may the Air Force be with you,
* Hugs, kisses, and broken fingers, (had to add the last part to keep it from being too mushy)
* love & rockets,
* yours until the cow moooooooooooos,
* forever and always, or is it? (keep them guessing)
* yours regardless,
* Till the world caves in, (or Osama’s cave crumbles)
* Tag you’re it,
* Your Majesties exiled servant, (perfect for the next time David calls me Princess!)
* Vive la revolution!
* Hugs and rug-burns (ok, can’t use this one with too many people)
* At Your Service,
* Hasta la pasta,
* Word to your Mother, (I guess, I am too old to get this one?)
* That’s the truth, no really!
* As usual,
* Keep your stick on the ice, (for the hockey enthusiast)
* Live long and prosper, (don’t you want to bow politely after this one?)
* my 5 mins are up,
* with trepidation,
*Until gossip do us part,
*The Pleasures been all yours! (to be used when writing to an egotist)
*I’m off like a prom dress,
* Go forth and multiply, (not sure that the Government would approve of this suggestion!)
* May the Gods not smite thee,
* CONFUSION TO OUR ENEMIES, (a personal favorite of mine)
*Be good or be good at it,
*I’m gonna make like a baby and head out, (just Dorky enough to be funny) Perhaps, I will end all future correspondence with… “Hopelessly trying to come up with a closing,”
Yes, I believe that will work!
and David… My proper title would be The Queen, not Princess!)